Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 10-Jan-2013
IMPORTANT: Please read section 2 carefully to make sure that you
understand which Essentially Precise entity you are contracting with.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you read and understand all of
our terms and conditions. However, there are a few key points that we need to highlight:
- Expiration of Message Credits: Message credits expire if you do
not use them within 120 days from purchase. Please use your Essentially Precise
account regularly to avoid expiration of message credits.
- No access to emergency services: Essentially Precise’s services
are not a replacement for your ordinary mobile or fixed line telephone. Our services
do not allow you to make emergency calls to emergency services. You must make alternative
communication arrangements to ensure that you can make emergency calls if needed.
- Check restrictions on use: In some countries there are restrictions
that apply to various types of sms messages. It is your responsibility to ensure
that you are legally allowed to send the relevant type of sms messages to mobile
- No ownership of numbers: If Essentially Precise allocates a short
code or long number (collectively referred to as “number”) to you, you do not own
that number and you do not have a right to retain that number indefinitely. Essentially
Precise may need to change or withdraw the number allocated to you from time to
time. You will not transfer or attempt to transfer your number/s to anyone else.
You must ensure that you comply with any number allocation requirements that may
be contained in our terms and conditions as failure to do so may result in the number
Table Of Contents
- ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- YOUR AGREEMENT WITH ESSENTIALLY PRECISE
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- CHANGES TO TERMS
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
- SERVICES – GENERAL
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES
- MOBILE-ORIGINATED (MO) AND PREMIUM RATE SERVICES – GENERAL
- MOBILE-ORIGINATED (MO) OR PREMIUM RATE SERVICES – ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
- APPLICATION PROGRAM INTERFACE (API) SERVICE
- ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- YOUR PRIVACY
- MESSAGES AND OTHER LIMITATIONS
- YOUR CONDUCT
- USE OF THE ESSENTIALLY PRECISE WEBSITE
- ENDING A SERVICE
- TRIAL SERVICES
- CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- EFFECT OF ENDING THIS AGREEMENT OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND DOWNLOADS
- INTERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATION
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
By registering for, or using any of our services you agree that you have read,
understand and are bound by these terms, regardless of how you registered for or
use the services.
Without limiting the above, we may ask you to accept any or all of the terms when
you first register for, or start using a service.
If you do not want to be bound by the terms, you must not register for, or use a
If you concluded a written contract with us, you will also be bound by these terms.
However, to the extent that there is a conflict between the written contract and
these terms, the written contract will prevail.
2. Your agreement with Essentially Precise
Various entities within the Essentially Precise group of companies may provide services
to our clients. The Essentially Precise entity that provides our services to you
depends on where you are located:
If the billing address on your Essentially Precise account is outside UAE, then
you will be billed from Precise Communications, Dubai Media City, UAE.
If the billing address on your Essentially Precise account is in UAE, then you will
be billed from Essentially Precise, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE.
3. Definitions and Interpretation
- agreement means the agreement between us and you that comes about
by your acceptance of these terms as set out in the section headed “Introduction”
- Essentially Precise means, as the context requires:-
- Essentially Precise., registered under Dubai government law, and located in Business
Bay, Dubai, UAE.
- Precise Communications FZ LLC, registered under Dubai freezone authority, Dubai
Media City, Dubai, UAE.
- Essentially Precise website means the websites that we own and
operate including www.tobeprecise.com, www.smsarrow.com, and www.cyberdatabox.com
including any page, part or element thereof;
- content includes any information, data, text, music, sound, graphics,
video, messages, hyperlinks or tags;
- downloads means any software, data, application, code, files or
content that you retrieve, view or download when using a service;
- charges means the amounts we charge you for rendering our services,
including (without limitation) our transaction or subscription charges, and any
third party charges we incur;
- TRA means Telecom Regulatory Authority in specific countries
- intellectual property rights includes (without limitation) any
and all rights, title and interest (whether registered or not) in and to any intellectual
property, copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trade marks, trade
names, service marks, designs, logos, devices, know-how, trade secrets and inventions
(whether patentable or not), goodwill, source code, meta tags, databases, text,
content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks and all other identical or similar intellectual
property as may exist anywhere in the world and any applications for registration
of such rights which are all as such protected by domestic and international legislation
and treaties from infringement;
- service means any service, product, goods, downloads, content,
program or website that we may provide from time to time;
- operator means mobile network operators and mobile virtual network
- terms means the terms and conditions set out herein, and includes
any additional terms (as defined in the section headed “Additional Terms” below);
- use includes (without limitation) accessing, retrieving, downloading,
logging on to or viewing a service;
- we, us and our means Essentially Precise and includes our successors
in title and/or assigns;
- you and your means any natural person who registers for, or uses
any of our services and/or any legal entity on whose behalf any of our services
are registered for or used;
The singular includes the plural and vice versa; and Headings are only for reference
and not interpretation. Any hyperlinks which are not operational will not in any
way detract from the validity and interpretation of these terms.
4. Changes to terms
We may change any or all of the terms including (without limitation) the charges
at any time without notice to you.
Any changes will become effective when we publish them on the Essentially Precise
You must check the Essentially Precise website and the terms regularly for changes.
By continuing to use our services after we make the changes, you agree to be bound
by the changed terms and charges.
If you do not accept the changed terms or charges, you must stop using the service
(see the section headed "Ending a service" below).
5. Additional terms
Some of our websites or documents may contain additional rules, guidelines, charges
or terms and conditions (additional terms).
By subscribing to or using our services relating to those websites or documents,
you agree to be bound by, and comply with those additional terms.
These terms apply to the extent that there is a conflict between these terms and
the additional terms.
6. Services – general
We always try to provide the services to the best of our ability.
We may suspend, interrupt, change or end any service for any reason without notice.
We will try to widely publicize changes to the services which apply generally.
We may also give you advance notice of any interruption of a service due to maintenance.
7. Limitation of liability and indemnity
In this section –
damages means all damages of whatever nature and includes (without
limitation) all damages, loss, claims or costs, including (without limitation) loss
of data, profits or custom, or business foregone whether -
- in contract, delict or otherwise;
- direct, indirect, special or consequential;
- foreseeable or not; and
- notification of the damages were given in advance or not; and
uncontrollable events mean any circumstances beyond our reasonable
control, including (without limitation) fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, storm
or other adverse weather conditions, war declared or undeclared, civil war, revolution,
civil commotion or other civil strife, riot, blockade, embargo, sanctions, epidemics,
act of any government or other authority, compliance with government orders, demands
or regulations, or any act or omission on the part of a third party.
You subscribe to and use any service at your own risk. If you suffer damages
or are dissatisfied with a service your only remedy is to end the agreement or stop
using the service (see the section headed “Ending a service” below).
You indemnify, us and our affiliates, employees, shareholders, agents and service
providers, against all third party claims, damages and legal costs howsoever arising
from or relating to -
- your breach of these terms;
- any claims made by third parties by your use of a service.
No warranties Despite anything to the contrary in these terms, we –
- provide all services “as is” and “as available”; and
- don’t warrant, represent or guarantee, whether expressly or by implication, that
any service is free of errors or interruptions, always available, fit for any purpose,
secure or does not infringe any third party rights.
You should not regard any information, ideas and opinions expressed on the Essentially
Precise website as professional advice or as our official opinion. Please get professional
advice before you take any course of action related to the information, ideas or
opinions expressed on the Essentially Precise website.
8. Third party goods and services
In many cases, we provide the services of third parties, or our services in conjunction
with those of third parties including (without limitation) network providers.
In those cases, the following conditions apply:
We provide such services subject to the terms, conditions and limitations imposed
by those third parties.
If those third parties change, suspend or stop providing such services, we may similarly
change, suspend or stop providing the services to you without notice. We may nevertheless
try to provide such a service in another way or by using another third party.
You authorize us to provide any of your information to those third parties to the
extent that it may be necessary to enable the third parties and ourselves to provide
the services to you.
To the extent that there is a conflict between the third party’s terms and conditions
and these terms, these terms prevail.
When you acquire goods, downloads or services from a third party through any of
our services, you understand and agree that -
- we are not a party to the contract between you and the third party;
- we don’t have to monitor the third party service you use;
- the third party will be responsible for all obligations under the contract including
(without limitation) warranties or guarantees;
- you must evaluate the goods, software or service and the applicable terms and conditions
before acquiring the goods, software or service; and
- you indemnify us against any damages (as defined in the section headed “Limitation
of liability and indemnity” above) howsoever arising from your acquisition and use
of the third party goods, software or service.
We may reject or refuse any third party service used by you in conjunction with
Messages are deemed to have been delivered when we have delivered or sent the messages
to the immediate destination that our software is programmed for, including SMTP
servers, mobile telephone networks, or any other intermediary server or API that
is deemed to be the point of dispatch of the message.
Please note that, although we focus on providing extensive coverage aggregation
services, third party network providers may choose from time to time to not be part
of our networks or the networks of our service providers. This may result in messages
not being delivered.
10. Mobile-originated (MO) and Premium Rate services – general
In addition to the other terms, this section applies if you use any of our Mobile-originated
(MO) or Premium Rate services (short code services).
We collect MO messages and pass these on to you in the methods described by us.
You are responsible for content of the service, as well as the cost of all bearer
charges to provide the content to your end client.
Please note that to ensure that we comply with industry codes of
conduct, you must route all MT messages directly or indirectly associated with any
of our hosted short codes, or other two-way services, via our messaging gateway.
This will enable us to ensure that all premium rate, short code messaging services
and other two-way services offer the required confirmation messages as stipulated
by the various codes of practice and that such messages can be validated as having
been submitted. We may end the service immediately without notice if you don’t comply.
MO messages are charged at an agreed rate. Sharing of the revenue is based on the
agreement that will be done outside this terms and as per the revenue sharing provided
by the operators.
If there are any differences between our records, your records or the mobile network
operator / third party’s records, the records of the mobile network operator / third
party are deemed to be correct and binding on us and you.
11. Mobile-originated (MO) or Premium Rate services – advertising guidelines
In addition to the other terms, this section applies if you use any of our Mobile-originated
(MO) or Premium Rate services. The examples provided are in UAE Dirhams but can
be changed to your local currency.
In this section –
- advertisement means any form of communication with your clients including (without
limitation) advertisements, brochures and websites;
- charges means network charges and premium charges;
- network charges means the charges of the network service providers for use of their
networks, e.g. SMS, MMS, USSD, GPRS; and
- a premium charge means the content or value-added charges that you charge your clients
for using your premium rate service.
This section sets out how you must advertise your services.
If you don’t advertise your service in the way set out in this section, we may –
- withhold your share of the monthly revenue for that service (if any) until you comply;
- end the service if you fail to comply repeatedly.
All your advertisements must comply with the following rules:
- The advertisements must state the charges of your service fully and correctly. For
- if your short code is charged at 5 AED then this should be clearly mentioned in
the advertisement where you ask your customers to send SMS.
- If you are providing regular updates against a request by the customer, you should
clearly mention the number of updates they will receive against the charge they
- If they are subscribing for regular newsletters or updates, it should be clearly
mentioned when they will be charged next time and what is the regular cost.
- The advertisement must state the charges inclusive of taxes, if any.
- The font size of the charges must be such that they can be easily seen in the advertisement.
Your client must be able to see the charges with very little effort.
- Your charges must be located on the advertisement in such a place that your client
can see it easily. Your client must be able to see the charges when looking at the
advertisement without having to search the advertisement for the charges. You may
not hide the charges in the terms and conditions.
- You may not state the charges in some advertisements and not in others.
- If you give your client the option to unsubscribe for a service, you may only charge
network charges to unsubscribe and you may not charge premium charges.
- Your advertisement must state all the material terms and conditions to the extent
that this is practical.
- Your advertisement must not contain our intellectual property.
- Your advertisement must make it clear that you, and not we, provide your service.
These advertising guidelines may change from time to time. Please ensure that you
adhere to the local advertising guidelines in the country where you offer these
12. Application program interface (API) service
In addition to the other terms, this section applies if you use our application
program interface (API) service.
We enable individuals or businesses to connect to our server in order to facilitate
text messaging directly to our gateway.
We may approve or decline clients and API connections at our sole discretion.
We encourage the use and publicity of anti-spam policies.
We provide you with a login and password.
Although we provide API connection specifications and will attempt to keep the specifications
accurate and up to date, these specifications may be incomplete and may change from
time to time without notice to you. You must test the specifications thoroughly
on a regular basis, as we are not liable for specifications that may be incorrect
You must at your own cost acquire and maintain such -
- computer, telephone, other communications equipment and software; and
- network or Internet access, as may be necessary to use our services.
You must ensure that your computer, phone, other communications equipment and software
are compatible with the service concerned before you register for or use the service.
You must regularly back up all your data.
14. Account, password and security
Sometimes, to register for, or use a service, you must give us information about
yourself as prompted. You warrant that all information you give is current, complete
and accurate. We may suspend or stop any service if you give information that is
not current, complete and accurate.
You must promptly tell us if any of the information you provided changes. You must
choose a username and password. For some accounts we may assign the user name and
password from our side.
- must keep your password, account name and account information confidential and must
not disclose these to third parties;
- must not circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, our user authentication systems;
- are entirely responsible for all payments and any activities that occur under your
- are liable for any damage, loss or costs that we or any third party sustain howsoever
arising as a result of any of your actions, or any actions of a third party using
your password, account name or account information; and
- indemnify us against any claim howsoever arising from any use of your password,
account name or account information by a third party or as a result of your breach
of this clause.
You must tell us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account or
any other breach of security.
15. Your privacy
We respect your privacy.
We won’t edit, or disclose any of your personal information or account details without
your prior permission unless we may or must do so by law. We won’t disclose or distribute
any of the mobile numbers and/or content that you submit through our systems. Selected
staff are authorized to do random monitoring to ensure that messaging comply with
our terms and conditions. Should we receive a formal complaint from a mobile network
operator / third party that is directly related to your Essentially Precise account,
then we are obliged to do so by law.
We will try our best to protect your privacy on systems and websites that we control.
However, we are not liable for any unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your
personal information by third parties who are not subject to our control (for example,
advertisers and websites that have links to the Essentially Precise website).
Please note that the information and privacy practices of our business partners,
advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provides hyperlinks, may be different
from ours. We don’t warrant the security of the information which you transmit to
Our service will, however, transmit the sender’s name (from field) and/or email
address with each message that the end-user sends.
You give us the right to send you communications of any updates, upgrades, notices,
or other information that we deem important for you to know, relating to the service.
Such communications shall not constitute spam. You may ask us to stop providing
you with such communications.
16. Messages and other limitations
We are not responsible for the deletion or failure to store information. We have
set no fixed upper limit on the number of message you may send through the service
apart from how many credits are left in your account.
We may determine whether or not your conduct is consistent with the letter and spirit
of the agreement and may end the service at any time if your conduct does not comply
with the agreement. Please see the section headed -> Ending a service ->below for
more information on procedure for ending a service. We may, in the future, with
prior notification, limit the amount of storage space available to you. We do not
also guarantee storing your messages for a longer period. We may remove the messages
at any given point of time without prior notifications.
The sender identification that can be included as part of a mobile text message
is not a guaranteed feature. Your message might be sent without your sender identification
and you will not be notified of this.
Although we try our best to deliver message quickly, messages may be delivered late
due to queuing or mobile network operator / third party traffic. This may still
result in the message being seen as “delivered”. Only “received by recipient” can
be regarded as a final delivery to the handset. This “received by recipient” status
is only available if we get it from the mobile network operator. We will not push
any messages to numbers that have unsubscribed from our service. These SMS will
not be charged to your account.
17. Your conduct
For all services provided to you by Essentially Precise, you must only use the services
- in accordance with Essentially Precise’s terms and conditions;
- for lawful purposes;
- in accordance with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations;
- for the purposes for which they are designed.
Note: Essentially Precise’s customers are expected to research
the local laws and regulations in the countries where they send SMS to/from and
are expected to adhere to those laws and regulations.
When you use our services, you must not –
- do anything which violates any of Essentially Precise’s terms and conditions;
- send junk SMS messages, spam or any unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- make any misrepresentation including (without limitation)
- deceive, mislead, defraud or otherwise make misrepresentations to any person regarding
any fact or circumstance;
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity to
any person for whatever purpose or create a false identity mobile phone address
- change the content of communications received by you and thereafter forwarding same
to others without indicating the nature of the changes; and
- forge or otherwise manipulate origination details and data on any electronic data
message with a view to disguising or deleting the origin of anything transmitted
using our service;
- transmit anything (including (without limitation) words and images) which is defamatory,
discriminatory, obscene, lewd, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, harmful,
hateful or which contains pornography, religious or racial slurs or threatens or
encourages bodily harm or the like or which may violate any person’s rights regardless
of whether such content is accessed, transmitted, propagated, distributed, created
or stored in a public or private context;
- commit fraud or solicit or induce any person to participate in any commercial or
non-commercial activities which are in the nature of a financial scam, “pyramid
schemes” or “chain letters”;
- violate or infringe any intellectual property rights;
- do anything which does or may -
- damage, impair, overburden or disable any system of any person (including us) using
- interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the service or of similar services;
- interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the service or violate the regulations,
policies or procedures of such networks; or
- compromise or tamper with the security of our or any other person’s software, hardware,
systems, networks or services;
- transmit any computer code which is designed to harm the operation of any software,
hardware or network, including (without limitation) viruses, Trojan horses, worms,
time bombs and cancelbots;
- harvest or collect information about others, including email addresses, without
their consent for any reason;
- violate the privacy of any person;
- reproduce, replicate, copy, sell or re-sell any of -
- our services or any part thereof (including (without limitation) websites and web
pages, or any services that constitute the provision of telecommunications services
in terms of applicable legislation); or
- the information or data contained in our services;
- repeatedly or in a rapid manner transmit content in such a manner as to have the
effect of harassing a recipient;
- transmit content that you do not own or do not have the right to publish or distribute;
- access any of our services or any similar service of any third party or any network
without authorisation or through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- perform any illegal activities including (without limitation) promoting or facilitating
access to, use of or sale of dangerous substances or devices;
- use the service for commercial use without authorisation; or
- help any third party to do any of the above.
18. Use of the Essentially Precise website
We give you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to view, download, save and
print the content of the Essentially Precise website, provided that you use the
content for private, personal, educational and/or non-commercial purposes only.
You may not use the content for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
You may only cache the Essentially Precise website if –
- the purpose of the caching is to make the onward transmission of the content from
the Essentially Precise website more efficient;
- the cached content is not modified in any way;
- the cached content is updated at least every 12 (twelve) hours; and
- the cached content is removed or updated when we so require.
You must direct hyperlinks to the Essentially Precise website from any other source
to the home page of the Essentially Precise website. You may only provide hyperlinks
beyond the home page of the Essentially Precise website with our prior written consent.
If you do link to pages beyond the home page of the Essentially Precise website
you do so at your own risk and you indemnify Essentially Precise against any loss,
liability or damage that may result from the use of such hyperlinks.
You may quote small and reasonable amounts of content available from the Essentially
Precise website only if such a quote is placed in inverted commas and acknowledged.
You may not frame the Essentially Precise website in any manner whatsoever without
our prior written consent.
Apart from bona fide search engine operators and use of the search facility provided
on the Essentially Precise website, you may not use or attempt to use any technology
or applications (including (without limitation) web crawlers, robots or web spiders)
to search, collect or copy content from the Essentially Precise website for any
purpose whatsoever, without our prior written consent.
You may not incorporate email addresses, names, telephone numbers or fax numbers
published on the Essentially Precise website into any database used for electronic
marketing or similar purposes.
We give no permission, whether expressly or by implication that you may use the
information on the Essentially Precise website to send unsolicited communications
19. Ending a service
You may end a service at any time for any reason by following the procedure set
out in the Essentially Precise website and these terms.
When you end a service, we do not guarantee returning the credits you have purchased
from us or payment you have made. When you end the service all the data related
to your account, including your account details will be removed from our system
and no backup will be provided. If there are any sender names associated with your
account, this will be cancelled with respective operators. In case there is a long
term agreement for short code or sender name that is applicable to your account
at the time of cancelling the account, then you are bound to settle all the dues
for these services.
If you have any questions about the right way to end this agreement please send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Trial services
From time to time, Essentially Precise may offer free trial credits to new users.
We expect new users to use these trial credits to test the functionality of our
products and messaging platform. We regard multiple registrations to make use of
multiple free credits as an abuse of our trial service. Accordingly, registration
for more than 3 trial accounts, by a single user, is prohibited.
21. Charges and payment
Charges. In consideration for using our services, you must pay
us our charges, at the applicable rate then in effect, in the manner we specify
including (without limitation) our charges for messages delivered or partially delivered
using any available delivery method.
We may from time to time for limited periods offer “free trial” or similar promotions
during which no charges or reduced charges shall apply. Such promotions are intended
for you to test the capabilities of the service and/or for casual, personal use
only. During such promotions, all these terms apply.
All charges are payable upfront. You must pay all charges upfront
by buying service credits. If you have no credits, you cannot use the service. Once
you have paid the upfront charges, you will only be able to use the service after
a reasonable time to as we need to add the credits to your account.
Large enterprise customers may contact Essentially Precise sales representative
to discuss alternative billing methods.
Payment. Charges are due and payable at the time of, or before
we deliver a message to your recipients, via every method of delivery based upon
the billing plan we select. Payment is deemed to have been made as soon as the charge
is available in our bank account. We may make other payment arrangements in our
sole discretion, on a case-by-case basis.
You shall pay all charges free of set-off, charges or deductions.
If we issue an invoice to you, you must pay the invoice within 7 (seven) days of
date of the invoice. Your failure to pay any amount when due, will constitute a
breach of these terms.
In the event of any Regulatory Fine as a result of the client’s service, Essentially
Precise shall be entitled to withhold or deduct the amount of such fine, charge
or sum from any sums payable to the Client under this agreement.
In the event that any amount on the client’s account is outstanding, Essentially
Precise shall be entitled to withhold or deduct this amount from any sum payable
to the Client whether in premium rated revenue share or any other fees.
Increase in charges. We may increase our charges at any time by
notice to you.
If we increase our charges after you have bought credits from us, we will give you
14 days’ notice of the increase. The increase will then apply to the credits that
you have in your account.
Within the 14 day period you may choose to –
- continue with the service subject to the increase; or
- end the service in which case we will pay to you the value of any credits that may
be left over in your account.
- You may then use the service again by buying new credits.
Note: “charges” above refers to “price per credit” and not “credits
Expiry of credits. You must use up your credits within 1 year from
the date on which you bought the credits. We may extend this period on a case-by-case
basis in our sole discretion.
Refunds of credits. SMS credits are not refundable.
You understand and agree that the number of credits to a specific destination network
may change due to various factors, and that we may adjust these rates whenever we
deem it necessary to do so.
Currency. . We charge in UAE Dirhams (AED), the official currency
of the UAE and/or United States Dollars (USD) and convert the amount to the relevant
currency at the applicable conversion rate on the date of the transaction. The conversion
may change the charge due to currency fluctuations. The final charge is the amount
reflected on the credit card holder’s statement.
The following applies if, as part of a service, you earn a revenue share from any
mobile network operator. If you breach any of these terms then, without prejudice
to our rights under these terms or otherwise at law, we may retain any of your revenue
share held by us at the time of the breach as a genuine pre-estimate of the damages
suffered by us as a result of your breach.
If you breach any of these terms, then we may immediately, without prejudice to
any of our other rights and without notice to you –
- claim payment of all outstanding amounts due to us;
- stop or suspend your use of any of the services;
- end the agreement; and/or
- claim damages from you.
In all cases, we may keep all amounts already paid by you and recover all our costs
associated with your breach, including (without limitation) collection commission
and attorney and client legal costs.
23. Effect of ending this agreement or suspension of service
If this agreement ends or a service is suspended for any reason, you are responsible
for any outstanding obligations including (without limitation) payment of any costs
or charges that may arise in connection with such ending or suspension, and payment
of all outstanding charges for use before the ending or suspension.
Your payment and other obligations under this agreement are not suspended or otherwise
affected by a suspension of access to/or use of a service (in whole or in part)
where the suspension arises from your failure to comply with the terms.
Upon ending and/or cancellation of a service or this agreement, for any reason you
must immediately stop using the service and remove all our downloads on any computer,
database, server (local or remote) in your possession or under your control.
We have no obligation to you after any termination or cancellation of a service
or this agreement.
24. Intellectual property and downloads
We (or the appropriate third party) retain all intellectual property to the services,
the systems that provide the service and downloads.
You may not, directly or indirectly –
- sell, sub-license, lease, distribute or otherwise transfer any downloads to any
- appropriate the downloads in whole or in part for whatever purpose;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the downloads, or reduce the downloads
to any format other than the format in which they were delivered;
- create derivative works based on the downloads;
- incorporate the downloads into any other content for whatever purpose;
- remove any legal notices (copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices);
- reproduce, publish, perform, broadcast, make an adaptation of, sell, lease, offer
or expose any copy of any content in respect of which we own the copyright.
- use the downloads for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the
benefit of a third party;
- frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the service.
You must comply with all national and international laws pertaining to intellectual
You keep ownership of any original content that you provide when you use a service,
including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video
or any other material which you may upload, transmit or store when using the service.
Subject to the terms, for the duration of the agreement and the service, we grant
you and individual, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use
our downloads, in object code form only, and only in accordance with the applicable
end user documentation, if any.
We may provide hyperlinks to websites that we do not control (target sites).
We don’t necessarily endorse, agree with or support the content, products and/or
services of target sites.
26. Interception of communication
By subscribing to or using a service, you agree that we may intercept, block, filter,
read and monitor any communication you make to the extent allowed by law for the
purpose of conducting our business and securing our systems.
As a customer of Essentially Precise, you agree to make yourself and your name available
for use in publicity should you qualify as a winner for promotions or competitions.
At all times, Essentially Precise will do its utmost to protect your privacy. While
Essentially Precise protects all personal data entrusted to us, we reserve the right
to use your first name and or last name pertaining to promotional or competition
Promotions are subject to ongoing review, and Essentially Precise reserves the right
to terminate any promotion at any time without prior notice.
Only promotions specifically advertised by Essentially Precise, on either its website
or by means of promotional offers, will be honored by Essentially Precise. Any promotional
offer issued by any other party, including but not limited to affiliated persons
or organizations, will not be recognized and are thus deemed invalid.
28. Governing law and Jurisdiction
These terms are governed by and must be construed under the laws of the Government
of UAE. All disputes, actions and other matters relating thereto are determined
in accordance with the applicable law.
29. General provisions
Whole agreement. The terms constitute the whole of the agreement
between us and you relating to the matters dealt with herein. No undertaking, representation,
warranty, guarantee, term or condition relating to the subject matter of the terms
not incorporated therein will be binding on you or us. Any change or addition to
the terms will only be valid if it is made by us under the section headed “Changes
to terms” above.
Addresses. You select as your chosen address (domicile) for the
purposes of receiving legal process and notices, the address furnished when you
subscribed to or started using a service. We may send you any notices (other than
legal process) by email. You will promptly tell us if your address changes. We select
as our address for the purposes of receiving legal process and notices the physical
address in respect of each Essentially Precise entity as detailed under the definition
of “Essentially Precise” in the Definitions and Interpretation section above.
No waiver. Any waiver, indulgence, relaxation or extension of any
of the terms will be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose
given. No failure or delay on our part in exercising any of our rights will constitute
or be deemed to be a waiver. No single or partial exercise by us of any of our rights
will preclude us from any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any
Provisions are severable. Each provision of the terms is severable
from the other provisions. If any provision is found to be invalid or unenforceable,
we may change it under the section headed “Changes to terms” above or remove it
in its entirety. The remaining provisions of the terms will nevertheless remain
No agency or authority. These terms create no contract of agency,
partnership, joint venture, or employment between you and us. You have no authority
to bind us.
Cession and delegation. You may not cede, assign or delegate your
rights or obligations under these terms. We may cede, assign or delegate our rights
and obligations under these terms without your consent.